05 June 2023

Pixel 7a


I ordered a Pixel 7a from Amazon over the weekend to place my five year old Samsung S9+.

  • The Pixel 7a, first impressions:
  • It runs hot, very hot as compared to my old Samsung S9+.
  • It is a mid-range phone and it feels like one too whereas, the S9+ was state of the art and a first class mobile. Anyway, the Pixel 7a is just what I am expected, a generic, bland, mid-range but functional device that should serve me for 2-5 years hopefully.
  • Interface. The Pixel 7a is somewhat clumsy in its interface design, it lacks a BACK button which the S9+ has thoughtfully provided which made it for a friendlier and faster use. Going back to the previous page or menu is dependent on back and every app in how it is written.
  • The lack of an audio jack. Well, I don't use it for music.
  • The lack of a SD card slot.
  • It is manufactured by Foxconn (Hon Hai Precision), the folks who make stuff for Apple, HP, and many other companies.
It is impossible to get by through life without any mobile apps today. Mobile apps are needed for government services, banking and much much more.

No comments: