11 June 2024

Initial impressions of Diablo IV



This was something I wrote a year ago. I wonder why I didn't publish it.

From 12th June 2023 my initial impressions of Diablo IV:

  • Drab drab drab. Everything is decrepit and run down, faded colours. Ugh. Extreme poverty. I am still in Act 1. It will change.

  • Gameplay. I have five characters of all the classes up to level 20. It remains faithful to D3, D2, etc. The Necromancer has many of the same skills. Yet, there are differences. The skill tree is now a matrix.

  • The game seemingly has a very strong Catholic feel about it. Exorcism, reverend mothers, priests, burnings of heretics, penance, confession and more.

  • Monsters. So far, I see the same monsters as in previous instalments.

  • So far so good, I am enjoying it.


No comments: