13 April 2012

The lack of nerve

I have at least three friends who are of the agreeable sort. They can't seem to ever summon the courage to do things. When faced with something they deemed as disagreeable to someone, and despite their trepidation and misgivings, they would not have the courage to oppose or go against the grain.

Two of them are intelligent to an extent and have great ability in what they do. Somehow, through this inability to summon courage of a sort, they will forever be ruled by people of lesser ability and intelligence, ruled by the crafty and the sly.

Tonight, I saw an example of this and was somewhat discouraged. I think I will see another example soon.

They have improved a bit since I know them but I think it is against their nature to be otherwise. I have faint hopes for them in ever growing a backbone.

No comments: