26 September 2012

They keep calling...

Caller: Hi, I am Kumar from Intermedia calling on behalf of HSBC...

Me: Yes?

Caller: I...

I had closed my account with HSBC less than a month ago and had asked that my name and number be taken off their lists. Guess what? So, I left the phone hanging and he went on talking. After a few minutes, he realised that no one was responding and he called again. So, I picked up.

Me: Yes?

Caller: Hello, I am Kumar, I called just now...

I left the phone hanging again and he went on talking while I went to take a shower. Haha. He gave up after some time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr Chuang,

I have £50 cash to give you if you listen to my sales pitch ...

Let me sell you my super-doper no risk, absolutely winner, investment scheme. It will cost you nothing and with minimum risks. You will get your £50 cash once you sign your life away.

I shall be in contact again in person.

Walauuu eehhh ...

Mate from Bolehland & Leeds.

Anonymous said...

p/s: please keep those telesales pitch coming as I enjoy reading them.

I used to cold call for job when I got back from Leeds for a company in KL ... it's a probability game to tell you the truth. I got pissed off when the manager who required me to make 50-100 calls a day regardless of who they were. They gave me a warning when I did not make all the calls then they fired me because I did not get RM2 million sales ... that's during the 1995-1999 Far East economy crisis. Needless to say I left but ended up at another Chinaman company ...

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Hahahaha, hey man, are you still at Newcastle?

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

It has really been a long time.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Wasn't cold calling unpleasant?

50-100 calls a day?! This is inhuman.

Like you said, regardless of who they are. That is cold calling.

RM2 million sales is madness. That is a lot of money.