19 December 2019

Baby otter

Last night, I was running at the Botanic Gardens. I saw some otters at a distance away. Later, I came upon a baby otter abandoned by the four adults. When the adults have truly left. I went up to the baby. I fended off dogs, joggers and people from getting too close. I called the Botanic Gardens, no one answered. I called ACRES.  Some passer-bys helped me in guarding the baby otter and also sending pictures to ACRE. 20 minutes later, they sent two persons from the Otter group. One hour later, a director who is licensed to handle wildlife came from the National Parks and took the baby away. I stood there for an hour, helping. Then, they all left in the golf cart. Suddenly as soon as it started, it was over, I was there in the darkness. I went home after.

No comments: