01 December 2010

What are you reading?

Su Enn asked what I was reading on Facebook last night and I listed them. I thought I would list them here again.

It was a nice stormy night and I curled up in bed with a pile of books. I didn't end up drawing or painting. Here is what I was reading in bed last night:

‎'What's Left (How Liberals Lost their Way)' by Nick Cohen, 'Chinese Aircraft: China's Aviation Industry Since 1951' By Yefim Gordon, Dmitriy Komissarov, 'The Enchantress of Florence' by Salman Rushdie, 'The Army of Gustavus Adolphus 2: Cavalry' by Richard Brzezinski and illustrated by Richard Hook (who died this year!) and 'The Thirty Years' War' edited by Geoffrey Parker.

I read bits and pieces of all the books above last night but I did finish the thin Brzezinski volume which I had wanted to read for some time and had been out of print for a decade. This copy which I bought from Amazon USA was actually a print-on-demand copy! Yay! And was hugely expensive. It gave me ideas and I will be drawing some Swedish cavalry from that period soon. 
Oh yes, I also finished a short story from 'In the Land of Time: And Other Fantasy Tales' by Lord Dunsany. I have a stack of others by my bedside including a Camus one which I plan to start soon. There is also the Grimm Brothers volume.. and three or four popular science volumes including ones by Coyne, Dawkins, Shubin.

What about you? What are you reading?

No comments: