03 October 2006

I wanted to run last evening but I could smell some sort of burning in the air. These were smoke particles from the jungle fires in Sumatra. The fires are south of Palembang apparently. The skies were a uniform grey, blanketed by a haze from the fires.

It rained this morning. I wonder if the air quality will be better later this evening.

Meanwhile, I retired my old Dell Dimension XPS 133i (Pentium P133 MHz) which has served me faithfully for a decade. A wonderful hardy machine. I have also retired my old P600 machine. The old ABIT BH6 motherboard in that machine finally gave way. I had tinkered with the machine for years, affixing many different video cards, sound cards, HDDs, CPUs. The machine had been an excellent testbed. Oh well.

I will think about getting an Intel Core Duo possibly next year. No real hurry, I don't see many compelling games that require that sort of performance yet.

No comments: