02 October 2006

Illustration of Techniques

Well, if anyone in Singapore is interested, I wouldn't mind showing my drawing techniques. However, I don't 'teach' children.

Of course, the venue will only be in town. Heh.

A decade ago, some people (technically not in the civil service) had asked me to teach them and I had tried. The problem wasn't with technique, they can draw fine, it was with imagination and creativity. They couldn't create anything from scratch. They needed something in front of them. Something to copy...

6 comments:

Merv Kwok said...

Damn.. Speaking of drawing techniques, I haven't picked up a pencil/pen in more than 5 years to sketch anything. I wonder if I still can draw :P

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Hahahah. Well, it's a passion. One has to commit and invest time in it.

You sketch? What were you sketching then?

Merv Kwok said...

Potraits mostly. Last time I tried, I couldn't do it anymore lol. Plus I used to draw a lot of comics. All that's gone now :P

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I see that you still do cartoons, albeit on a computer now.

Were those superhero cartoons that you were doing then?

What is stopping you from doing portraits or comics today?

Merv Kwok said...

Haha actually I don't draw the cartoons myself for the computer one's. Very rarely at least. I used to do all sorts of comics and kind of want to get back into it. Just rather lazy.

I stopped drawing to focus more on writing. That's consumed most of me time :P

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Well, I think you have a big audience with your brand of humour and also your energetic writing. Keep it up!

Do give Woody Allen's books a look. You may appreciate the humour there.