09 September 2007

Army Open House 2007



Here I was at the range last Sunday. I managed two hits on a Figure 11 target (man-sized) and one on a figure 15 (head and shoulders) at 300 metres. I missed the subsequent two. I shot low. It was my first time shooting the SAR-21 assault rifle. Not bad though a bit on the heavy side.




Here was Jon and Kelvin clowning around with the food. They were at the Muslim cookhouse. The food had improved quite a bit since time of my national service which was in 1990 and 1992. The food had also changed when I was doing my reservist stint.





Jon was trying out the SAR-21 with a pistol grip.






Here I was with the SAR-21 variant that had a pistol grip.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The gun looks heavy?

d;-)

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

It's actually about 4 kilogrammes. Not really heavy.