12 November 2012

Drawing and ideas


I draw only when I feel like it. Urgency, I don't know. Let me see if I can express it. More often than not, I don't have the mood or I don't feel like drawing. So, I don't. That is one big reason why I won't turn pro and can't turn pro. I will starve. Besides, it is unrealistic. Drawing for myself is different from drawing for clients and customers. A world of difference. To make it there would also require more skills and digital ability. I won't fool myself.

When I meant mood, I do not mean that I haven't an idea or inspiration. I have more ideas than I can draw now. I just don't have the energy and mood to commit to them. In addition, I have far too many interests, too many other things that I want to do. Interests like history, architecture, military affairs, futurism, future history, neuroscience, philosophy, fortification, and much much more. Drawing and painting are just one..

I was lying in bed thinking that I could create a skytower of some sort and juxtaposition against a zeppelin-type ship but that is a bit generic but I was thinking of various details of the facades of that skytower and how I can create forms and textures to distinguish them and letting my mind roam. Does that make sense?

I was thinking of composition. From a vantage angle. From how, I can place a city, an urbanscape, within an environment. And where I can set ships. I was also thinking of the lighting, where I would give white space and where I would not. Shadows. However, I want a busy panorama that will overwhelm the eye with details. Not a single-focus.

I was also thinking of Harpers Ferry. That meandering stream and that island. I thought it was a good position where one can composed from. I was also thinking of other positions and points.

Then, I feel the need to commit the idea to paper. What do you think?

I was also looking industrial landscapes with Jerry And I was examing ancient Chinese architecture the other day. I was also thinking of river systems and more.

I am now deterred by my headache and tiredness. It is just to bad for me.

Another thing is that my feeling to draw comes usually late at night. 11 pm and after. I am a night person forced to live a day person's life. That is a problem.

No comments: