23 November 2009

Honesty, service and sales

One night, I was at a store which I would not be naming.* I would call it Store X. I asked Mr X, the storekeeper if they had product X available. He thought a little and he told me that Store X would definitely be bringing it in. Then, Mr X realised that he was caught in a lie as he was not really bringing it in and I would certainly be coming back. He switched his tune. All of a sudden, he told me that he would have to make a special order. In any case, I did not care for the way he took me for a fool. His shifty eyes, his mannerisms and his body language told me a bit. If people doing sales had some integrity, it would be really nice. As it was, I was turned off by his replies. I thanked him and told him that I would be ordering product X from aboard.

*If you want to know which store, you can ask me, I will tell you in private.

No comments: