12 April 2010

Snakes, cats, football, digital painting and what not

My cat had caught a variety of animals and insects over the last two years, this morning, he outdid himself. Mimi caught and killed a 40-cm long snake. He was proud of it and stood by his trophy, showing it to whoever would see it.

Meanwhile, two weeks of excellent footballing news continued. Manure had gotten dumped out of the Champions League by a resurgent Bayern Munch, which was excellent news, then, they stumbled by drawing against the middling Blackburn Rovers. Much earlier, they had succumbed to the Chelsea onslaught which was, of course, splendid. Too bad for Sir Red Nose. And that bit about 'typical of Germans', hilarious!

"There was no threat and the referee wasn't going to do anything about it until they surrounded him. It is typical of Germans. They are like that."

What a bad loser. Hopefully, Manure (Manchester United) ends this season with only the League Cup to show.

On digital painting, my problem is the time and energy needed to develop techniques and best practices. In terms of opportunity costs, I have prioritised reading above that. I have also put drawing in a traditional sense above digital means. I have only so much time and energy.

Just as I was finishing this entry, some lady from some agency representing AIA just called, 'Hello, I am Sugiano (or something) from XXX agency representing AIA..' I said, 'I'm not interested' and hung up. It is not worth my time listening to their prepared scripts and their reactions to negative responses, they have scripted returns too.




No comments: