24 November 2007

Crazy Ang Mo

I had dinner at the Crazy Ang Mo stall at Bishan Street 24 last night. The stall, run by the jolly 'Crazy Ang Mo', was situated near the Bishan North Shopping Mall.

His jovial demeanour was quite a contrast to the many sullen people I saw around the mall. Weird. There wasn't a queue and the food came swiftly. I had the sausage dish while my friend had the fish and chips. I thought that the chips (or French fries) which was salted was much better than those salt-coated rock-hard French fries from McDonald's.

The food was not bad, certainly much better than the run-of-the-mill western food stalls in food courts and hawker centres. In my opinion, it was certainly better than the usual Cafe Cartel, Swensons, Hans or Jack's Place. Decent at a reasonable price.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only way to test out the Ang Mo is by ordering proper fish 'n' chips.

d;-)

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

And my friend did that. She thought it was decent. However, the Crazy Ang Mo is Australian. He provided tartar sauce rather then vinegar!