14 November 2007

Marc Almond 'Stardom Road'


'Stardom Road' is my last Marc Almond CD for the foreseeable future. In my opinion, like Erasure's dismal 'Other People's Songs', this self-indulgent release has little to recommend, beyond the artiste performing his favourite songs. In this deadly-dull, vocal-driven tribute of 'classic' covers, Almond and guests sing with gusto but with minimal instrumentation. Boring.


1. I Have Lived
2. I Close My Eyes And Count To Ten
3. Besitter Images
4. The London Boys
5. Strangers In The Night
6. The Ballad Of The Sad Young Men
7. Stardom Road
8. Kitsch
9. Backstage (I'm Lonely)
10. Dream Lover
11. Happy Heart
12. Redeem
13. The Curtain Falls

1 comment:

Jebb said...

Agreed that Other People's Songs is a bit underwhelming, but I love "Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)."