03 December 2008

Kraftwerk at the Esplanade

Kraftwerk, the legendary and iconic electronic band, finally made its way to Singapore this December evening in 2008. They played at the Esplanade tonight and brought the house down. Here, robots were brought out during the rendition of 'The Robots'.

As far as I was able to see, only one of the original members of Kraftwerk was there. The person on the far left corner is Ralf Hütter.


Tracklisting (not in order but approximate):

The Man-Machine
Tour de France eTape ?
Tour de France eTape ?
Vitamin
Numbers
Tour de France
Computerworld
Homecomputer
Pocket Calculator
Dentaku
Computerlove
Autobahn
Showroom Dummies
Expo
Trans Europe Express
Metal on Metal
The Model
Neon Lights
Radioactivity
The Robots
Ekektro kardiogramm
Aerodynamik
Music Non-stop

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jon Rob said...

It was a great show.The cheer for the robots was something else. Just wish I'd taken my camera.

Here's a link to a short BBC doc about Kraftwerk. Shocking in that it turns out cycling caused the band to split
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e2077951513154b6d2db6fb9a8902bda

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I didn't bring a camera as well. I relied on my Nokia mobile. Fortunately, a friend had his camera with him and he took quite a few.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Thanks Jon, yes, I heard about two of the members' obsession with cycling and that they would do over a hundred kilometres daily.

One of them had an accident that almost killed him apparently. After years and years of studio work, they had still not created any new work, leading to Flur and Bartos to leave I think?


Bartos went on to create three stunning albums under the monikers of Elektric Music, Electric Music and Karl Bartos.

He also collaborated with Bernard Sumner and Johnny Marr in one of Electronic's albums.

Flur had a quirky album too I think. Was it Flur? I can't remember anymore.

V said...

I'm glad you finally got to see them. I would rate Kraftwerk's shows to be the best I've been to. I'm surprised they did Showroom Dummies. That's one I've not seen them do live. I've only seen them twice though and the playlist was the same. The pictures are fantastic!