25 June 2010

Have a nice Doomsday

I bought 'Have a Nice Doomsday: Why Millions of Americans Are Looking Forward to the End of the World' by Nicholas Guyatt at Metrobooks in the gigantic Elements mall in Hong Kong over the weekend and I am halfway through the volume. It features interviews with Christians who believe that the end times are upon them. I do wonder how many of the Christians in Singapore harbour such a point of view. And if those Christians here that do, how does it influence their decision-making and colour their political views? Do these Christians support an Israeli state unconditionally? Do they seek to rebuild a new Temple in Jerusalem? Do these Christians also believe that the pope is the antichrist?

At the same time, I do wonder how many of my American friends subscribe to this point of view?

No comments: