22 February 2006

Asian Aerospace Human Traffic Management: An Absolute Horror

The management* of human traffic at this year's Asian Aerospace was terrible. I have a friend who had to queue for two hours before he could get in. Meanwhile, another friend said that he queued for a long time before finally finding his way in through the back door by seeking someone who worked inside. And that queue included the pre-registered people. What is Reed Exhibitions doing?

Thankfully, I was only in the queue for half an hour. I did manage to read a chapter in a book while I was waiting in queue.

The traffic conditions were not good. The roads were congested. Avoid going there by taxi. It's madness.

I have been to several previously and they were efficient at the registration.

*The security checks at the entrance was swift and efficient. It clearly wasn't the bottleneck. The bottleneck was obvious the registration areas where the few clerks hurriedly attempted to type and print the name badges for the delegates.

5 comments:

V said...

The photos are great Chuang! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Kazan Aerospace and a few Russian companies were there. I didn't have the opportunity to take photos of the boosters, rockets and other space-related equipment. I think this year, there was a lot less. Previously, the Russians came in force. Models of rockets and other space vehicles were in evidence.

juz_A_ga| said...

Which day did you go? The queues for the non-registered were long, but I received the e-invite and pass prior going so I managed to go in immediately. The only queue was the security check which was very fast.
The queue to see the A380 was worse. And we didn't even to get up the plane. humph.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Hello, I went on Tuesday. There was a few people in the queue with me who were pre-registered. I guess the queue was at the registration counter where a few young staff members were frantically typing the particulars of the long snaking queue. There was absolutely no queue at the security checks area.

There was also a bad traffic jam leading to the place.

This hasn't happened in previous years. 1992 for instance...

You saw the A380! I didn't go to the West Cargo Apron! I only saw the huge graceful and quiet aircraft in the sky. The manoeuvres were unbelievable for such a huge airliner. The crowd was practically hushed when it appeared!

Were you allowed up on the A380? I went up on one of the business jets. It was really nice with walnut panelling.

juz_A_ga| said...

Wow. u managed to go up on a plane?!?!
No one was allowed up the A380. Sigh... At least we got to see it in "action" in the skies when it appeared.