03 February 2006

Battlefield 2 Statistics

Dillon

Brian

Wilson

My statistics

Dillon appears to have good scores with the sniper rifle, likewise the assault rifle.

Wilson scores really big. In half my time, he has racked up large scores as have Dillon.

It's going to take me a while to undo the damage to my statistics. When I first started, I was careless regarding spawn points, lags and artillery, thus resulting in a very high death rate. Presently, I am managing an average ratio of 1:1 to 1.5:1. Meanwhile, Brian hasn't played much while Wilson has chalked up an impression global score in the space of a few days.

Last night, I managed barely a 1:1 ratio. Wake Island was a nightmare though I did initially have a kill streak.

Thanks to Brian's explanation on operating SAMs, I have been bringing down helicopters.

On anti-aircraft:

1. Don't bother with the missile launching platforms on Wake Island. The missiles don't have to range to engage anything on this big map.

2. Manning launchers on small maps, especially the Special Forces maps are worthwhile. Man those launchers at the edge of the maps. This way, when the gunships are in the centre of the map killing troops, one can launch and harass them. I brought down four Apaches in a game and they were so annoyed that they sent men to hunt for me.

3. Don't sit on the launch platform when there is no aircraft to engage. One will be a sniper bait.

4. Fighters are still extremely difficult. Go for helicopters.

5. Get off the launcher and hide if the chopper is next by and not smoking or badly damaged. There isn't a point being a target.

No comments: