22 February 2006

A visit to the Asian Aerospace 2006

Yesterday, I went to the last Asian Aerospace event held in Singapore. It was great fun despite the lack of variety of military aircraft. There were no European or Russian fighters this year. Only the American exhibitors were left. Somehow, the Europeans and Russians appeared to have decided against marketing their wares this year.

The roads leading to in this particular exhibition was extremely congested and it took me two hours to see the first exhibit. Likewise, it was torture leaving the place. It took me a good two hours to get home.


Here I am, standing before a Boeing F-18E of the US Navy.

Here, I am wielding a Brügger & Thomet MP-9 machine pistol affixed with a silencer.

And here you see me with the new PGM Mini-Hecate 7.62x51mm sniper rifle with a 4-16X scope. Wait till you see me bunny-hop with this! Heheh. Not really.


The Boeing Longbow Apache AH-64D.

I will be posting a lot more images from Asian Aerospace 2006 soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What time did u go? Place looks deserted. I went around 11am, but was still queuing inside when the airshow started. Bummer! Could've sworn that was the TMP, but it looks closer to a B+T MP 9 now that you've mentioned it. Going again with a friend later today. ST didn't have the F2000 hybrid this year, just a coupla variants of the SAR-21.

Anonymous said...

Shyue Chou, did you handle the SAR-21 variants? After having it for 2 ICTs, I still dislike the handling in fighting situations...

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I'm so spoilt by the 2.85kg of the unloaded M16. I find the heavier weight of the SAR-21 to be hindering. Likewise, I find the weapon to be cumbersome despite the bullpup configuration. For me, it would be a matter of getting used to it.

Yes, I picked up the one with the P-rail. I picked up another that has a TV screen that allows one to shoot around the corner.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I was at Novena MRT at 9:00 am. I took the train to Bedok station and walked to the Bedok Interchange. I took Bus 9 to the place. It was 11:00 am when I saw the first exhibit. Yes, the jams were terrible. Avoid taxis if you can. There was also a queue at the entrance. The place was extremely crowded. There were many generals, colonels and majors from many nations. There was a guy carrying a placard that announced our minister of transport and his entourage. Funny and quaint really. My sisters laughed when they heard this.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I will put up more photos of small arms and LAWs soon.