17 February 2006

Battlefield 2 Patch 1.2 Initial Impressions

After playing a couple of maps, my initial impressions are as follows:

1. Airpower, especially in the form of fighter-bombers, is still dominant. The 'increase' in the ability of the surface-to-air missiles (SAM) to lock on is insignificant.

2. The so-called increase in accuracy of support weapons is barely noticable. There will hardly be an impact on play though there are slight more MG-36-wielders around.

3. I haven't enocountered any 'Noob-tubers' this time round yet. I can't say anything on that.

4. I have done some single shot kills with the M95 sniper rifle. Does it do one-shot kills to an undamaged opponent? I don't know. I can't speak with certainty. I have been hit by a L96A1 once. I feel that sniper rifles shouldn't do one-shot kills.

5. I haven't tried 'bunny hopping' and I have not spotted any. In my encounters last night, I didn't see any.

I think the patch is a successful one if it reduces 'bunny hopping' and 'noob-tubing'. However, I think the power (damage and accuracy) of anti-aircraft artillery (AAA) and SAMs need to be increased. Another means would be to reduce the amount of bombs carried or the time taken to reload on each aircraft.

No comments: