02 June 2007

28 Days Later




I watched this on DVD two days ago and I enjoyed myself quite a bit. This Danny Boyle and Alex Garland effort was in the tradition of 'The Day of the Triffids', 'The Drowned World' and other British diaster SF. The photography, pacing and plot were engrossing though the latter was not exactly original.

I am not a fan of zombie movies like Mister Paradox and Wei Yi, however, I do think highly of an older film from Danny Boyle, namely 'Trainspotting'. Likewise, 'The Beach' and 'A Life less ordinary' were interesting movies.

2 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

The sequel to this one, 28 Weeks Later, is pretty good too, but a lot bloodier .. I'd also highly recommend the British zombie comedy "Shaun of the Dead," if you haven't seen that one

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Thanks thanks! I will definitely keep a lookout for both the mentioned films!