04 June 2007

Equilibrium




I have heard good things about 'Equilibrium' and I had expectations. When I saw the DVD on Wednesday night at HMV, I bought it eagerly.

Well, I saw it last night and this was one of the most cliched and derivative movies that I have seen in a long time. With stylistic elements poorly directly lifted from The Matrix, derivative and meaningless gunplay action sequences again not dissimilar to the Matrix and a corny futuristic society where emotions were suppressed by drugs, it was obvious that this dismal movie was developed for the teenaged Matrix crowd who hungered for more of the same.

Who needed a plot? Who needed acting?

Who wouldn't know that the Cleric would eventually head over and kill Father? It's that obvious. He would walk along the corridor, waste everybody with his guns and finally kill the leader of that society.

Oh, in an emotion-repressed society, it was ironic that the bad guys with the suppressed emotions would chuckle, smile and rage when things turn their way or turn against them. C'mon!

There was no 'science' in this SF movie.

In my opinion, this is one of the worst action movies I have watched in years. Avoid at all costs.

Addendum

Was anyone surprised that Kurt Wimmer, the director/writer, went on to direct 'Ultraviolet'?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I watched it many times now because it was on the telly here.

Yes, there is no serious stuff there but just for fun watching and passing time that will be fine.

If you expect more then be very disappointed cos it is not that good in terms of story line.

Apart from that ok I guess for the average teens.

d;-)

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Ahhh... It's on TV syndication!


Well, I do love action movies but I think this one is exceptionally bad.