07 January 2009

Nigerian scam

I have received hundreds of Nigerian scam messages on email. This latest one that I received is quite inventive. Imaginative even.

=======


Received: from User ([81.222.64.211])
by OMTA06.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net with comcast
id 0Zfs1b0024ZUY9t3SZg5mQ; Wed, 07 Jan 2009 09:45:09 +0000
Reply-To:
From: "Sgt.xxxx"
Subject: VERY URGENT::::
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 01:45:09 -0800

Dear Sir,

My name is Sgt.xxxxx, I am an American soldier, I am serving in the military of the X Armored Cavalry Regiment, Patrols Tal Afar, in Iraq.. I am presently serving in one of the horrible prisons in Iraq now. I apologized using this medium to reach you for a transaction of this magnitude.

Please view the links to see my pictures.

http://www4.army.mil/armyimages/armyimage.php?photo=xxx and http://www4.army.mil/armyimages/armyimage.php?photo=xxx.

We have in our possession the sum of US$124,000,000.00 (ONE HUNDERED AND TWENTY FOUR MILLION US DOLLARS),which belongs to Saddam Hussein. These funds have been moved and kept safe in a Security Company, please view this link for more details:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm Basically since we are working for the American Government, we cannot keep these funds, but we want to move the funds to you, so that you can keep it for us in your safe account or an offshore account.

I have the authority of my partners involved to propose that should you be willing to assist us in this transaction, your share of the sum will be 20% of the US$124 million, 70% for us and 10% will be kept aside for expenses and be rest assure that this business is 100% safe on your part provided you treat it with utmost secrecy and confidentiality.

Therefore, if you are interested, please reply immediately via email with your Full Name, Current Mailing Address,your confidential Telephone and Fax numbers for easy communication and write me immediately.

Upon your response, I shall then provide you with more details that will help you understand the transaction.

Please observe utmost confidentiality, and be rest assured that this business is risk free.

Respectfully submitted to you.
Sgt.xxxxx Tal Afar, Iraq.


Addendum

A friend who is in the US Army has told me that there is a real sergeant by that name in the USA. I have taken the liberty to remove the name as to protect him.

No comments: