09 January 2008

Novus Café

When I was at the Novus Cafe last year, the food and service were alright. My sisters who were there recently this year had warned me of the poor service there but I had not heeded as my previous experiences were alright.

Last night, I went to the National Musuem to catch 'Radio On' which was slated to start at 7:30 pm. At 7:03 pm, I was at WA Café or Novus with my friends. We ordered drinks and ready-made food like a pie. Well, at 7:25 pm, the drinks which were bottled mineral water had come but nothing else. Oh dear. The bill was impossible. It was just not coming after 10 minutes or more. The situation there was a complete mess.

I doubt if I would ever be returning to this establishment again. These people, meaning the management, really would need to sort out their processes and make things work. I wouldn't blame the counter staff or service staff.

Meanwhile, the choices in the menu had shrunk. There were no longer much real food left apparently.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a shame because the location is ideal after a visit to the Museum.

In Singapore, lousy service can still be tolerated if the food is good. I would say I'd still give the place a try is I am NOT in a hurry. I simply wouldn't count on them to provide dazzling service if I was out to have a good time.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Indeed indeed. It is a shame. The ambience of that place is unassailable. On reflection, I would return there for a drink if I have a lot of time on my hands.