08 March 2006

Books I am reading

I finished reading 'Heavy Metal: A Tank Company's Battle To Baghdad' by Jason Conroy and Ron Martz last night. I am currently in the midst of Jared Diamond's 'Collapse: How Societies choose to fail or succeed', Nicholas Ostler's 'Empires of the Word: A Language History of the World', Anthony Swofford's 'Jarhead: A Marine's Chronicle of the Gulf War and Other Battles' and a couple of Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40 000 novels. Heh.


There's also the unfinished Angela Carter novel and a few others.

What are you reading? I am always curious to know what everyone is reading at present.

4 comments:

Rev Head said...

I've currently reading Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" series. Just finished reading Naked Empire. Not sure whether to read the prequel "Debt of Bones" first.

"Debt of Bones" set a few decades before the events in the main series was edited by Robert Silverberg and published as a short story in the 2001 Legends anthology. Later the same year, it was published as a stand-alone novella.

Rev Head said...

when i started the first book Wizard's First Rule I was reading it on a train .... and of coz being a nation of mainly non-readers ... i get a guy nudging his girlfriend and laughing at the title ... saying out loud Wizard's First Rule as they snigger

seefei said...

found your blog thru the asean aerospace link in tomorrow. good pic and very informative on the aa exhibition.

i dont read much except newspaper. seems you like battle story books a lot. would appreciate some reviews as to enlighten no bookies like me!!

Tim said...

I am currently reading "Iron Coffins" by Herbert Werner. It's about life aboard German U-Boats in WWII. An older book that I have read years ago. Nail biting undersea action.