21 March 2006

Hotel Rates in Shanghai

Here are the hotel rates at the New Century Hotel at No.1111 Li Yang Road in Shanghai. I didn't stay there, so I can't vouch for the rooms, I only had a large breakfast there. Sadly, I don't know of any subway that is near the New Century Hotel.


The current exchange rates:

1.00 SGD (Singapore Dollars) = 4.96078 CNY (China Yuan Renminbi)

1.00 USD (United States Dollars) = 8.03720 CNY (China Yuan Renminbi)



The rates are pretty affordable. This is not a five-star hotel in downtown Pudong or on Nanjing Road where you would expect to pay between 200 SGD to 500 SGD a night. Bear in mind when the Grand Prix (Formula 1) is in town, you can expect to pay 500 SGD a night!

Breakfast at the hotel is 78 rmb. Breakfast in the hotel is expensive and is not good at all. There is, however, a McDonald's nearby where they serve a decent breakfast (I know, McDonald's has crap food usually but the breakfast is edible) at 16 to 18 rmb.

No comments: