02 December 2006

Pointillism

This evening, while I was having a quick bite at the Burger King at Far East Plaza, I saw a couple of guys with a large drawing. I asked to look at it. On closer inspection, it was a whole of product sketches of PDAs, mobile phones and other high-tech gadgets and the inkwork was needless to say, very good. That, he said, was his sister's work.

He had another large drawing of one of the brothers from Oasis. This large ink drawing was done using a Rotring technical pen and it had taken him three weeks. The tones and intensity were splendidly done. He had patience and skill. The guy cannot be more than 21 or 22. At this age, his work had exhibited a maturity and skill that I have seldom seen. Great work.

A good piece of work in the Pointillism mode. He didn't seem to know of Seurat's work though.

He had ability and I can see people commissioning him for portraits.

We talked and compared sketches.

No comments: