15 July 2008

Going Green

I just posted this on the Reach Singapore forum on Facebook:

I would like to know how viable it is for all new government buildings to adopt solar-power solutions. Likewise, consideration can be given to the conversion of government facilities to adopting solar power solutions. After all, the government are state entities and not profit-generating entities and they can afford to take a long term view for Singapore's sake.

Likewise, perhaps, a study can be launched to examine the provision of solar-powered solutions for future HDB blocks.

I understand that solar-power is economically unfeasible at present but I think a study can still be made to ascertain the viability. Perhaps, there are means. Cost reductions on a large scale. I think substantive large-scale solutions like solar power will make more of a difference and perhaps, make us partially energy-independent.

No comments: