17 July 2008

Of meaninglessness, the sendings and an exercise in futility

Of meaninglessness, the sendings and an exercise in futility

Thinking back, I remember this tiresome person who has sent me a lot of links over the last decade or so. I think there must have been thousands. During that time when he was busy sending those links, I think I had at most visited ten percent of those URLs that he sent, maybe less. Those links that I visited were to sites of transient matters that had little substance and were mostly utterly forgettable. After a while, it became habitual for me to bin almost everything he sent. I suppose, he had thought that by sending these pointless links which he deemed cool in his little world, he was exhibiting a form of coolness, much like the numerous, forgettable mobile phones that he vulgarly sported over the years and was loudly exhibiting to everyone he knew. The desperation he was inadventently displaying reeked of his loserhood.

No comments: