14 July 2006


Bovington, Tank MuseumsV-22 Ospreys, Spartan APCs and Princes

On the way to the Bovington Tank Museum yesterday, Emperor Loh 's sharp eagle eyes spotted a V-22 Osprey in the skies! We were absolutely gobsmacked! An Osprey tiltrotor in the south of England! Simply amazing.

And just outside the tank museum, we saw a columu of Spartan APCs. Each crew of each Spartan waved and gave us the thumbs up as they sped past at high speed. Emperor Loh even recorded a video of this. Later, we learned that Prince Harry was training in one of these vehicles. We were astounded.

I will put up pictures of the Spartan column later.

Source of Image: Ministry of Defence UK website

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiyaa ... air show near by lahhh ...

d;-)

Merv Kwok said...

And back in Singapore, jets fly down low by Kallang waking me up in the wee mornings. Rumor has it, TT Durai is strapped on a missle of one

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I went to Duxford yesterday!

Woo hoo! I will look to visit the RAF Museum in Hendon.



Merv, the jets are all over the east coast man! I recall seeing C-141 Starlifters in USAF colours there. I also saw F/A-18s. Definitely not the Mahathirian bombers from Malaysia! US Navy. I have also seen USAF C-130s!

Durai! Haahaha. Hey, Air Asia will soon be the new MAS.

Anonymous said...

The free Sunderland air show will be on very soon ...

d;-)