06 December 2006

The Most Expensive Cities in the World

From a BBC report compiled by the Economist Intelligence Unit:

1st - Oslo, Norway
2nd - Tokyo, Japan
3rd - Reykjavik, Iceland
= 4th - Osaka, Japan
= 4th Paris, France
6th - Copenhagen, Denmark
7th - London, UK
8th - Zurich, Switzerland
9th - Geneva, Switzerland
10th - Helsinki, Finland

Oslo is now the most expensive city in the world. Not surprising.

"The highest placed US city was New York, ranked at number 27." London is placed at 7th. Why am I not surprised... Heh.

4 comments:

Tim said...

I have been to Zurich. It is the most beautiful city that I have ever seen. Not surprizing when you consider that the avg. income is over $100,000.
New York is my adoptedd home town. I loved living there in the '80's and love visiting whenever I can.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Tim, Zurich you say? I have yet to visit that place. I have only seen photos. Over 100, 000 on average!

I visited NYC once in 1992 and was impressed. How is living in NYC?

Anonymous said...

I prefer Reykjavik, Iceland for whatever reason and love some of their food there. Beautiful country and not some concrete jungle. Big cities are all the same nowadays but Reykjavik is different.

d;-)

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I have only seen photos of Reykjavik. I heard that it is the party capital of the world?

What of living in it? A great place to live?