18 January 2006

Adventures on the Battlefield

My current first person shooter (FPS) game of choice is Battlefield 2 and its expansion, Battlefield 2: Special Forces.

The previous few nights, I went on the ranked servers and was massacred on the scale of 1 kill is to 10 deaths. On certain games, I could not score even a kill! I was averaging 4-6 points per game. My mouse cursor was jumping and it was not stable. I need a new mouse.

In games, I was getting killed within 1-2 seconds of respawning by artillery barrages, snipers, base-campers and so forth. Last night, I decided to be patient instead of charging headlong into action. Yes, I was still focused on kills but I also go for flags.

I was able to manage a better than 1:1 ratio at times. At other times, I managed a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio with 18-27 points and over 50 if the side wins.

I have been somewhat successful on the Special Forces servers, managing a 1:1 or better ratio.

I have also planned my deployment when I used the sniper. And I have managed a few satisfying kills. It is fruitful to snipe at the base where players are more likely to be stationary.

On another note, I find that on one-to-one face offs, I would get wasted by the advanced G36 or F2000 assault rifles that some players are carrying. I have resorted to carrying Light Anti-Tank Weapons (LAW) and twice, when I was jumped, I blew my adversary away.

The players on the ranked servers are better than the typical unranked ones. My rank is still private first class (PFC) in the game. I hope to make corporal tonight.

The latency on the Singapore servers (EASG), Thai servers (EA TH) and Japanese servers are decent on Starhub cable. Strangely enough the latency on the Taiwan servers (EATW) are too high. Lousy ping times.

The most satisfying moment of last night was when I ran to a surface-to-air missile (SAM) launcher just when a Blackhawk helicopter was hovering nearby and brought it down, killing the three occupants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

telnet://dune.servint.com 6789

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I'm making glvl 60 soon Mr.AK!