26 November 2006

Shaaitan



A Croatian friend, Shaaitan, on DuneMUD wanted me to draw his character in Dune. The original sketch measures 7cm x 11cm and was done using pigment ink. Technical pens used were Faber-Castell ones. This sketch utilises a somewhat different approach from the one I usually use but have still got a similar feel up to an extent. The Fremen could have put in a more dramatic pose. However... In time to come.

I'm not into heroic poses seen in comic book art. So, I hope it meets Shaaitan's expectations.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does it does my friend. And i'll try to poke something with photoshop too. :D Thanks alot for drawing me :D

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Thank you Shaaitan. I am glad you like it. Do show when you finally finish it on Photoshop. I would really love to see it. Thanks!

0ne said...

Have you ever did any renditions of the Muad'Dib?

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

No Zero, I haven't. I haven't done very much work based on Dune mainly because I don't particularly care for the stories. When I was sixteen, I guess I was quite impressed by Herbert's creation. At present, I find 'Dune' to be an engrossing power fantasy (for adolescents maybe) with some merits while the subsequent books are just space opera filled with pseudo-philosophical babble. Badly written and plotted mish-mash if I may say.

Speaking of which, do you draw?