25 November 2005


Human League Remixes and Rarities

This new one has apparently been released. I will be looking for it.

1. Being Boiled (Travelogue Version) (Travelogue Album)
2. The Sound Of The Crowd (12” Versino - Complete) (12” Single)
3. Hard Times (Love Action B-Side) (3” CD Single)
4. Non-Stop (Open Your… B-Side) (12” Single)
5. Don't You Want Me (Extended Dance Mix) (12” Single)
6. Mirror Man (Extended Version) (12” Single)
7. You Remind Me Of Gold (Mirror Man B-Side) (12” Single)
8. (Keep Feeling) Fascination (Improvisation) (12” Single)
9. Total Panic (Fascination B-Side) (3” CD Single)
10. The Lebanon (Extended) (12” Single)
11. Life On Your Own (Extended) (12” Single)
12. Electric Dreams (Extended) (12” Single)
13. Human (Extended) (12” Single)
14. Heart Like A Wheel (Extended) (CD & 12” Single)

Now, if only Alphaville, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Camouflage were to release all their old remixes on one CD.

"I think she's been alone,
He took her to a movie
When they cut off the phone,
He took her to a movie
And when her cover's blown,
He took her to a movie
But so did I"
'He took her to a movie' Ladytron

3 comments:

V said...

This is a great release. It would be great to hear those songs again. The ones that came with the Fascination EP. Which I guess will never be re-realeased on CD. I wish they had also included the original version of "I Love You Too Much" which I thought was much better than the one in Hysteria release.

I'm guessing that you are a fan of the early League stuff too (Reproduction & Travelouge) I love those two albums! I have read that they have released a CD of their pre League days entitled "The Future." I would love to get my hands on that one.

I know I'm going to love this new release.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

V, you guessed right. I like early Human League.

However, their latest, 'Secrets', is excellent and can rank with their all-time greats.

Pre-League days! That should be interesting.

I am also interested in early Ultravox. The John Foxx days rather than the Midge Ure days. I am sure that you know that the John Foxx solo albums are excellent. Great pieces of electronic pop.

Fascination EP! That is something I don't know. Do you have the tracklisting?

V said...

You're right about Secrets.

As for the Fascination EP, this is the tracklisting from what I remember.

Fascination
Mirror Man
Hard Times
I Love You Too Much
You Remind me Of Gold
Fascination (Extended)

I think that was it. It's been a long time sinde I've laid eyes on my vinyl collection.

The only Ultravox album I've had with John Foxx in it was "Systems of Romance" which I liked. I think that was when they were begining to sound like what Ulravox was to become with Midge. I know I've heard a thing or two Foxx solos but never ventured further. Shame on me! I'll have to explore and see what I've been missing.