09 November 2005

Meow is lost!

I am sad. Meow is lost. It has been four days since I have seen him. I called the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) this morning and asked if they had gone on a sweep for cats and dogs at my place. They told me that cats are not targeted. Phew.

He was a kitten when he first appeared in my kitchen one evening. I was reading a book in bed when I heard a 'meow' from the kitchen. I rushed downstairs and saw a little hungry kitten.

I fed him with leftovers. In time to come, he became part of the family and was affectionate. He would greet everyone with a 'meow'.

"When silence comes in, and creeps underneath the skin'
If the lost word is lost and the spent word is spent
This is the time, this is the place where the story ends
Where the story ends
Where the story ends"
'The Story ends' Clan of Xymox

7 comments:

Merv Kwok said...

darn man.. not to be pessimist but someone else could've taken meow. one of my cats got poisoned by some godawful neighbour once.

society is cruel to animals.

hope Meow comes home soon!

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Hy Merv, I am just hoping. He's a scrawny-looking fellow, hardly a thorough bred. I doubt if anyone wants him. Oh well.

Yes, you are right, there are some sick people out there. Your cat got poisoned by your neighbours? How did you find out? The vet? What happened? Did poor kitty survive?

V said...

This is sad. I hate to see bad things happen to animals. I hope your kitty finds his way back home!

Catnapping said...

I hope you find meow soon. cats are my favorite people. and my chest hurts just thinking of anyone vulnerable to the elements.

love,
cat

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

V, thanks. It's the fifth day since he's gone missing. I look out of the window quite a lot, hoping to see him at my door meowing for his breakfast or dinner.

Catnapping, I am just sad. I miss him. I searched the neighbourhood for him but there was no sign. I would have to widen my search.

Merv Kwok said...

csc: well. my cat died. on the first day of cny too. lol

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

This year? Oh no.

Were you devastated?