12 November 2005


Say Hello Wave Goodbye: In Memory of Meow

Meow. My little cat.

He's been gone for a week. I am quite certain that he was run over. Poor Meow. He visited my kitchen when he was a kitten. He was meowing loudly for food then and I fed him. In the days that followed, he would always be waiting eagerly for me when I got home for work. Running and meowing when I got back. He used to follow me around. Oh well. I shall miss Meow.

"Oh oh oh...Say hello, wave goodbye
Say hello and wave goodbye
Say hello, wave goodbye
Goodbye"

'Say Hello, wave Goodbye' Marc Almond

8 comments:

V said...

I'm sorry for the loss, Chuang.

Flash said...

I'm sorry, friend. Best wishes.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Thank you V. I have accepted it. I still wake up sometimes, looking out my window.

Thanks Cowboytrance. It is life after all.

carla said...

I'm so sorry... I lost two of my four cats last year, and both were rescue boys like your Meow. I really loved them. I know how sad you must feel.

mini said...

that's so sad :(

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Oh dear, Carla, two cats? That is quite a major loss. How did you lose them? Did you bring them up? Did you receive them when they were first kittens?

Mini, I still miss him. I remember that he is always peeking from the door, waiting for me.

And that week before he went missing, he was so impatient that he came upstairs to look for me (and he has always been forbidden to come upstairs). Everyone was amused. He was very affectionate for a cat.

Alicia said...

soree to hear that.. but err.. mebbe he's not dead yet leh? errmm mebbe got kidnapped?

:/ just some positive view

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Alicia, I last saw Meow on the 4th of November. That evening, I had just fed him and patted him. Then, he jumped on his favourite and went to sleep. Then, I went off to Borders to browse at books. That was the last time I saw him.

Well, he looks like a typical lokang (drain) cat. I doubt if people want want to grab him.

My sister said that she saw a ball of fur (carcass) on the road about half a kilometre away. She didn't give it any thought then. It would appear that Meow was run over.

It's been way too long. I am just sad. And I miss him. There is nothing I can do. I have come to accept it.