08 June 2006

Book Hunt II: Thirty Years War

Now, the first two appear particularly interesting and I would purchase them if available. The third volume is available online but nothing beats a real book.

Battles of the Thirty Years War: From White Mountain to Nordlingen, 1618-1635 (Contributions in Military Studies) (Hardcover)by William P. Guthrie
Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: Greenwood Press (October 30, 2001)
Language: English
ISBN: 0313320284

The Later Thirty Years War: From the Battle of Wittstock to the Treaty of Westphalia
(Hardcover)by William P. Guthrie
Hardcover: 320 pages
Publisher: Greenwood Press (February 28, 2003)
Language: English
ISBN: 0313324085

History Of The Thirty Years' War In Germany
(Paperback)by Friedrich Von Schiller
Paperback: 300 pages
Publisher: Kessinger Publishing (June 30, 2004)
Language: Englisha..
ISBN: 1419124293

5 comments:

Vagabonder said...

Look like you are someone who likes reading as well. Cool...

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Yes, I do love reading.

What do you read?

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't realize this blog entry was from 2006.

I read military history (late 1500s through Napoleonic preferred) and old (pre-1950 for the most part) short horror fiction.

I just got both Guthrie books for $141 with the Barnes and Noble members discount ($25, so I wound up saving $15) plus a 6-year old gift card I was able to find in a drawer. Woo hoo!

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Hi, yes, I saw your response. I am sorry that it has taken that long to reply.

Wow! You got both the Guthrie books for $141! That is quite a bargain. I paid full price for both, which is approximately double of what you paid for after postage and all that.

Old short horror fiction? As in August Derleth, H.P. Lovecraft, William Hope Hodgeson?

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Napoleonic. I suppose that you have read the David Chandler volumes?

Late 1500s? Any interest in Renaissance warfare then?