13 June 2006

No more Robo-Crouch!

Quoting from a site devoted to football:

"Peter Crouch has decided to cancel his robotic dance routine in a bid to be to taken more seriously."

And he said:

"Being here in Germany is not about robotic dances and being a cult figure. It's about scoring goals and winning football matches."

Awww... I am disappointed! I was really hoping to see it!

" "If we win the World Cup maybe you'll see the whole team do the celebrations, but for the moment I don't think I will be doing it again." "

England win the World Cup? Doh. I think this is one of the most overrated England teams I have seen in years.

3 comments:

Merv Kwok said...

NOOOOO! I want robo-crouch!

That dance is like the coolest victory dance I've ever seen

Anonymous said...

less than a month to go before you come over to England! Shall I get you an england T-shirt?

Mike Norton said...

Shall I get you an england T-shirt?

Ha! I'm waiting to see if "Let's see how they do in their next couple games first" is the answer. ;)

As for the relative merits of the team, I have little to no basis to make a decision since these World Cup games are as much as I've ever watched of football/futbol/soccer -- whatever someone's calling it. It's all new to me.

I know I was surprised to hear (early on) that the UK last won the cup 30 years ago. Being just another ignorant American having heard about how into the sport the Brits are I'd just presumed they ranked higher.