07 June 2006



Sim Tower

For the past two nights, I have been engrossed with building my tower. Maxis' old Sim Tower game has always been a favourite, yet, I have only played it a little throughout the years.

Last night, I finally built a 100-storey 5-star building with a cathedral on top. I could see a more efficient way of this tower the next time round. It's an intriguing puzzle in a way as one has to manage changes as they occur. One cannot adopt a top-down plan and expect things to fall into place as initially finances are very limited. And some infrastructure, once built, cannot be removed.

Now, I will embark on conquering a Napoleonic game.

3 comments:

Merv Kwok said...

i remember this game! it never ran on my pathetic 486 haha

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

It runs fine on my old faithful Dell Dimension XPS 133i.

Right now, I'm using my sister's old Fujitsu Celeron 600 laptop to play it. Pretty playable man!

Jebb said...

Ooh, I always wanted to play that game but never had the chance. I wish more of the Sim games had been done for the PS2. Seems a missed opportunity not to have done a Sim City for that machine.

http://thejebber.blogspot.com