05 March 2007

Angelicus

Apparently, the first single from the new Delerium album, 'Nuages du Monde', will be 'Angelicus'. Simply unbelievable. While 'Angelicus' may be a track of rare beauty, I can't see it played on the radio.

1 Angelicus (Andy Moor Full Length Mix) (8:17)
2 Angelicus (Morgan Page Remix) (7:54)
3 Angelicus (Redanka Remix) (7:43)
4 Angelicus (Panoptica Remix) (5:46)
5 Angelicus (Andy Moor Radio Edit) (4:02)
6 Angelicus (Album Version) (5:10)

Still, I await it with bated breath.

4 comments:

V said...

I'm all for it though that could be because of the fact that I share the same background with Isabel Bayrakdarian. I'm glad than an Armenian soprano can get some exposure in this way. The radio will probably play some re-mix of some sort which is a little more up-beat to that of the album version.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Yes, seeing the tracklisting, you are right.

I am somewhat puzzled because I would suspect that the record label would want some commercial exposure and something in a more commercial format.

The piece is undoubtedly haunting but does not easily fit the format of commercial radio. I love the track but I fear for a commercial failure for it.

Speaking of people of Armenian descent, I have watched two films from Atom Egoyan, 'Exotica' and 'Ararat' and I have been very impressed. I have the soundtrack for the former.

Egoyan is a very brave director.

V said...

I recently watched Ararat over again. I just wish it was more of a mainstream release. The story should reach more people. There is a book on Arshele Gorky out there somewhere. Pretty large volume from what I remember. I have to hunt it down and read it finally.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

V, I had known of the genocide before the film. Yes, like yourself, I do think that this sad episode should be made known. The plight of the Armenians.