27 March 2007

John's World: Travian, World 5

Mail from John, an old friend of over two decades. John is an old gaming pal who is a practising lawyer in Northern California. John has a powerful army of over 1000 troops but he is faced with a behemoth with over 4000 troops. Can he survive?

John is incredibly good at this. He swiftly surpassed me in village population and size and seems to grasp the concepts very swiftly despite not having played this. Of course, like myself, he has played real-time strategy games. John's passion is biking in Mexico.

An in-game mail from John:

divelaw 25.03.07
no subject
12:11:31

Well I have been through a lot.Yesterday I was dodging all her attacks and instead sent my army to raid her. I was getting more from her then she was getting from me. But then another member of Lucky sent in an attack. I sent my army off to attack him, but he 1,300 defensive troops waiting and my once proud army was reduced to almost nothing.During the night I was hit twice more, what was left of my army was destoryed.Today, with my army slowly rebuilding, I dodged two attacks of just troops, no resources were lost. But yesterday she sent catapults that took 24 hours to arrive. She sent two waves, 35 seconds apart. I had managed to build 75 troops and decided to make a stand (I had set my account to be deleted and wanted to make a stand. I even rename my city Thermopylae) I dodged the first wave (which had 1,000 troops and 80 catapults). They destroyed my stable and barricks. But I timed my army to return in the 35 seconds between the two attacks.The second wave only had 78 troops, but 80 catapults. All my troops died, but I took out 25 catapults and 24 troops. My main building and markets were each knocked down a few levels, but were not destoyed.It has been 5 hours since then and no new attacks. Do I dare hope she thinks she has "taught me a lessson" and move on? Only time will tell.I stopped the deletion of my city. My alliance needs me. I am the new diplomatic and probably the smartest person in the alliance. Lots of people ask my advice.

No comments: