21 April 2007

Erasure - I could fall in Love with You


1. I Could Fall In Love With You - Jeremy Wheatley Radio Mix
2. I Could Fall In Love With You - Jeremy Wheatley Extended 12'' Mix
3. I Could Fall In Love With You - Monteverde Radio Edit
4. I Could Fall In Love With You - Monteverde Vocal Extended Mix
5. I Could Fall In Love With You - Monteverde Dub 2
6. I Could Fall In Love With You - Album Version
7. I Like It (B-side)

In truth, this is the first US single that I have bought in a bit. This new Erasure release caught me by surprise a week ago. I had not expected a release given that Erasure had taken on average about three to four years to release an album. Their last album with new material, the melancholy 'Nightbird', was released in 2005, so this had come as a surprise.

I heard snippets of the track on the Erasure website and was pleasantly pleased with what I had heard. The B-side track, 'I like it', is just forgettable though, then again, it's a B-side.

This new single heralds the upcoming album 'Light at the End of the World' which will be released in May.

No comments: