04 April 2007

Surveys

I just received a telephone call a few moments ago.

J: Hi, this is J. from A.C. Nielson, I would like to speak to someone who does transactions on government systems.

Me: I do.

J: I have a short survey. Can you help me with it?

Me: No.

J: It's just a short one.

Me: I don't do surveys

J: Thank you.

My only feedback? Don't force people to use those electronic forms (ie Income tax, etc) and voice response systems. I know a lot of old folks (and also younger ones) and they don't talk to machines for a variety of reasons, thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or in another part of the world those calls might just be scammers at work.

I got calls from my "bank" in the evening asking me to identify myself with my details before they could talk to me.

LOL! Yeah right! As if they were so keen to know me. So I just talked nonsense for a while i.e. instead of them asking me I became the one asking the questions but I never question . LOL!

The moral of the story never reveal your bank details over the phone. Ask them to send you the letter and go to the bank in person to verify them.

d;-)

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Hahaha.

Indeed!

Details like NRIC, Age, address, etc.

I have received calls from the UK. They were regarding investments. And they were very persistent.

I had another one claiming to be from a court in Taiwan.