30 August 2010

Dear Mr Chuang, I am calling from a ...

"Dear Mr Chuang, I am calling from a market research firm representing some of the more prestigious financial firms..."

And yet another cold call from out of the blue. A salesperson with an accent from one of those nations providing call centre services.

Like the many previous ones before (numbering over ten) this was likely a call to provide information on alternative energy and green energy which would be followed up by another on purchasing shares in such companies. A cleverly staged and scripted thing with a bait, a hook and follow-up. I had told these firms a few times never to call again but they had persisted with a regularity similar to that of annual taxation, modern life in the 21st century I suppose.

Previously, I had entertained these folks with questions and amused myself. Numerous calls later, the novelty has subsided. Thus, now, as soon as I hear the line about a market research firm, I will put the handset on the side and let the speaker continue. Minutes later, I will hang up. Once in a while, they will call again, thus the cycle begins.

1 comment:

Cold Calling Guru Jeff Stevenson said...

I found a great new telemarketing tool that I started using recently. I used to get about 50 dials/hour when everything was running smoothly (and I wasn't too tired). Now I get more than150 dials/hour. Not only that, but it also integrates my voice and email functions so that it also generates inbound calls. I get more inbound calls now in a day, than I used to get in a week.

I love this thing! It's CHEAP and easy to use. Send an email to freetrial@salesdialers.com to try it. Tell them Jeff from Good Pay Low Rates sent you.

Also, if you click on my name here you can check out another great tool for getting free sales leads with emails and phone numbers. Millions of leads that you can search and download for FREE. Nothing wrong with Free sales leads. Is there?