06 August 2010

You would be losing all this business

Another idiot from Big XXXX Company* tried his luck today. I have had bad experiences with this company previously where one dude named Roger tried to pull a fast one and added additional listings without my knowledge and wanted me to sign. And I saw the total and got rid of him. Here is the latest exchange.

Mr Idiot: When do you want meet up to discuss your listing?

Wow! That is presumptuous. I hadn't called the fool. And suddenly, I receive a call about my listing? So...

Me: Well, it will be the same as before. No change.

Mr. Idiot: I mean your online listing.

Me: Well, I don't have any with you.

Mr. Idiot: What? You don't have any? You get a lot of customers looking for your company online. A lot of customers want to find you.

Me: I don't think it is necessary.

Mr. Idiot: But you would be losing all this business. You don't want to lose business do you?

Now, he tries to reel me in. He's trying too hard. In a sense blackmail of a sort. Scare tactics.

Me: I don't think it is necessary.

Mr. Idiot: You may not get a lot of business.

Me: Listen, the keyword is MAY. If I wanted to go online, I would not be going with a second-rate company like Big XXXX Company, I would go with Google or something.

Mr. Idiot: If that is the way you see it, goodbye.

Good riddance. Haha!

*As usual, names have been changed to protect the dumb.

3 comments:

Wilfrid said...

You are a very patience man to continue the dialog for so long, hahaha. For me, I would just politely shut him off after sentence #1.

Something like: Sorry, not interested. Thank you for calling and you have a great day. Bye!

PS. I do that all the time ... hehehe.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Wilfrid, I am beginning to do that now.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

In fact, I just did that yesterday!