11 August 2010

OIC Portrait Day - 7th August 2010

I was at the OIC Portrait Day at the Red Dot Museum at Maxwell Road. I arrived almost at 3:00 pm.


Old JF was running the show, briefing the models and introducing them. He was also sketching.


The session had lasted from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm. I was tired as it was the end of a long, working week. I have had not enough sleep throughout and I had worked till 1:00 pm on Saturday.

Each group of people modelled for fifteen minutes before another two were invited to model. I had wanted a fast photorealistic pencil sketch but I was rusty and the time was too short. I had last done life art about a decade or more ago. I was forced to develop new techniques involving ink and pencils on the way. All in all, a hurried but interesting experience.

I had also to sit nearer as my eyesight was not as good as before.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

mindflyer 小飞人 said...

Hi, Shyue Chou

Thx for participating and for posting the pixs :)

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Hi hi Michael, well met! Thanks for the welcome and organising the session. Much appreciated! I will be attending future sessions.

I will be attending the life art one this Saturday too.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Michael, do you want the photos, I can send them to you or JF. I have lots more.