15 August 2010

OIC's figure drawing session

I attended the OIC figure drawing session on Saturday afternoon. I made my way there from Owen Road, navigating through the maze of streets, lugging a huge stack of drawing pads, watercolours, inks, pigment pens, pencils, brushes, container and more.



Shyam, pictured here, patiently explained the format of the session, starting with five minute poses by the model, followed by ten minute ones and finally fifteen minute ones. He was immensely patient and helpful. For that, I am grateful.



We drew at a small dance studio at Kampong Kapor in Little India. A charming little place. I was able to make numerous ink and pencil-watercolours sketches. I am recovering my touch and refining my techniques. It was a great session. Thank you to OIC, Michael and Shyam for organising this.



I will be attending future sessions.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you were figure drawing in your neighbouring country then you would be in deep trouble for the reason of perving boobs & suff ...

d;-)

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Hahah. I should think so?

However, there is surely a fine art movement there? No?

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

And fine arts colleges?

Anonymous said...

Fine art movement? ... hhmmm ... difficult to say but definitely not boobs & stuff as that would be considered as immoral, not to mention the dirty politicians that will drool all over them ... bunch of dirty old men.

Fine arts colleges? You will end up a beggar upon graduation.

d;-)

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Surely, there is? Just not well publicised? No?

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

That's why I didn't turn professional in 1996.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Besides, who would have wanted my work?

Shyam S. Deshpande said...

HEY! when did you take this picture? and that too when i was counting money :D
glad to hear that i was patient and helpful..thanks for joining us...
see you next time then :)

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Heheh. Shyam. At the end of it. I wanted a record of my drawings and the image of the room. And the outside. Counting the money! Heheh. See you later today, Shyam!