19 September 2006

Kim Wilde 'Never say never'

1. Perfect Girl
2. You Came (2006 Version)
3. Together We Belong
4. Forgive Me
5. Four Letter Word
6. You Keep Me Hangin' On (Featuring Nena)
7. Baby
8. Kids In America (Featuring Charlotte Hatherley)
9. I Fly
10. Game Over
11. Lost Without You
12. View From A Bridge
13. Maybe I'm Crazy
14. Cambodia (Paul Oakenfold Remix)

I have always thought that Kim Wilde oozed such sex appeal that she would easily put the likes of Blondie, Belinda Carlise, Madonna and others in the shadows. However, she didn't whore herself to the media like the loud, brash, untalented Madonna and she will never attain that notoriety and marketing muscle that Madonna possessed. This is a surprise return. I had heard of her collaboration with Nena of the '99 Luftballoons' fame a few years back but I didn't think it would yield an album. 'Never say never' includes some older material re-interpretated, some in a rock format, while others in a more techno dancefloor format. 'You keep me hangin' on' with Nena is, of course the highlight of this album. The Paul Oakenfold remix of Cambodia is decent, hardly earthshaking. All in all, a nice nostalgic trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in my opinion Kim Wilde's album "never say never" is one of the best albums of 2006 there are some Fantastic dance songs like Forgive me/Together we belong/Maybe im crazy/View from teh bridge and there re some great Pop Rockier songs like Perfect gilr/I Fly and Game over overall its one of the BEST albums of 2006 I have to say.