14 September 2006

Laurence Pusey

Eleven years ago, I met Laurence Pusey when I joined his life art sessions. He had organised a series of life art sessions at the Leeds Metropolitan University which was open to all artists. And for the space of a year or two, I attended those sessions and drew quite a few pieces which were left largely unfinished. There was simply not enough time to finish a piece at those sessions but it was great fun in developing fast techniques.

It was a joy conversing with Laurence and observing him work. He had an intriguing sense of colour which I thought was great. Laurence was already an accomplished artist when I met him and he had held several exhibitions, the latest of which was held at the West Yorkshire Playhouse.

Laurence's work can be found at: http://www.laurencepusey.info/

He is also a chaplain at the Leeds Metropolitan University and has done missionary work in Uganda and India.

No comments: