12 September 2006

Scenes of Leeds I



A view of the ugly Merrion Centre. This is a seedy sixties or seventies structure with lots of concrete, grey steel railings, mirrors and tacky mosaic flooring, housing offices, small shops and Morrison's Supermarket. Morrison's is the cheapest of the supermarkets in the UK and one can find hundreds of hungry students from the nearby Leeds Metropolitan University and University of Leeds shopping here.



The main entrance of Merrion Centre. Renovations have given it a somewhat brighter feel but Merrion is still a dump. Oh look, an Apple centre!

From Albion Street to Woodhouse Lane. Near Merrion Centre.

Leeds, July 2006 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

If you're looking for cheap supermarkets then try Aldi or Netto, they make Morrisons seem expensive ! I remember there was quite a nice art and crafts shop near the Merrion Centre, had all sorts of wonderful stuff in !

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Those German chains? I have never seen them but I have heard about them.


I think there was an arts and crafts shop IN Merrion Centre itself. I can't remember if I saw it when I visited it after ten years.